July is Reader Appreciation Month

What's on your bookshelf... besides dust?

I admit, there's a lot of dust on my shelves. Partly it's because I'm a lousy housekeeper. Mostly it's because when I get near my bookshelves, I more likely to start reading than cleaning.

I grew up in a family that loved to read. In the basement, I have a small library (by Carnegie standards) of paperbacks I've collected or inherited from my parents.

There's a bookshelf in the living room for "coffee table books" and photo albums. (The coffee table collapsed under the weight of books - and  my son - some time ago.)

My office is over-flowing. One bookshelf is devoted to reference material. My desk is lined up with dictionaries and the like. Another crate and board unit has over-sized books, graphic novels and my old manuscripts.

Then there's bookshelves in my bedroom which contain my old friends - and some new ones - including my own books. Under A Texas Star leans against a stack of Georgette Heyer historicals. Behind Deadly Legacy is my Terry Pratchett Discworld collection.

What's on your bookshelf? If there's an Imajin Book there (or on your Kindle) you could win an Amazon gift certificate. 


'Ultimate Reader' contest - show us your Imajin Books! Post photos on our Facebook page of you reading one of our titles (book cover must be legible) or a photo of one of our titles on your ereader. 5 prizes of $20 Amazon or Kobo gift cards; plus "ultimate reader" prize of a $100 Amazon or Kobo gift card. Contest open from July 1-31. Photos will be judged by Imajin Books authors. Prizes to be awarded the first week of August. Open worldwide. Void where prohibited by law.