The November Challenge


In the winter we're nostalgic about the summer. In the summer -- well most summers -- we complain about the heat. It's the same thing with activity. When there's nothing to do, we get bored. When we're busy... well, lets just say, I wouldn't mind the opportunity to feel bored right now.

It's November.


Remembrance Day month -- which is a bit more challenging this year since my son joined cadets.

The month we launch Canadian Voices Volume 1 -- which is so successful I have to start thinking about a submission for Canadian Voices Volume 2.

The month I take on the Arthur Ellis Awards Administrative Assistant job -- new to me so therefore a bit of a learning curve.

National Novel Writing Month.

I started participating in NaNoWriMo the year after my sister died. I had all this extra time (after taking care of my father, children, looking for work) and yet wasn't getting down to creative writing as often as I wanted. A neighbour told me about NaNoWriMo and I thought it would be a good exercise in getting my daily word count up. The challenge is to writer 50,000 words in 30 days. I finally made it last year. Not so sure about this year. Of course, that begs the question, why am I not writing my November novel now.


See y'all in December!